We may receive compensation when you click on external links. Learn more
Kamado Joe Classic 2 vs 3
The Kamado Joe Classic has been one of the most popular Kamados in America for years. Now there is a new and improved version, but is it worth the upgrade? Find out if you should choose between the Kamado Joe Classic 2 vs 3 model.
When it comes to Kamado, there are really only two brands that dominate the market; Big Green Egg and Kamado Joe. Of these two, Kamado Joe has always had a bit of an edge in terms of features and innovation.
So, what’s new with the Classic 2? If you're in the market for an outdoor cooker, you may be wondering if the Kamado Joe Classic 2 or 3 is the better option. In this blog post, we'll compare the two models and help you decide which one is right for you. Both models have their pros and cons, so read on to find out more!
The Kamado Joe Classic II is the perfect ceramic grill for those who want precision cooking. With its cast iron cart and locking wheels, it's easy to move around and keep in place. The Kontrol Tower Top Vent allows you to control the airflow for precision cooking, while the Air Lift Hinge reduces dome weight.
The AMP (Advanced Multi-Panel) FireBox design increases grill efficiency. So whether you're cooking for a crowd or just want the perfect steak, the Kamado Joe Classic 2 is the grill for you.
- The Brand is Kamado Joe.
- The Material is Stainless Steel, Ceramic.
- The Color is Blaze Red.
- The Item Dimensions LxWxH is 18 x 18.11 x 36 inches.
- The Item Weight is 250 Pounds.
- Durable construction that will last for years.
- Precise airflow management for the perfect smoke every time.
- Impress your friends and family with your amazing grilling skills.
- Enjoy a perfectly cooked meal every time, no matter what you're in the mood for.
- The Big Joe is a good choice for cooking only for 2 people.
Kamado Joe grills are the pinnacle of outdoor cooking, and the Kamado Joe Classic III is the cream of the crop. This premium 18" ceramic grill is built to last with a heavy-duty galvanized steel rolling cart and locking wheels.
The patent pending SlōRoller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber allows you to get the perfect smoky flavor every time, while the 3-Tier Divide & Conquer system gives you plenty of space to cook for a crowd.
The Control Tower Top Vent maintains consistent airflow for precise temperature control, and the Patented Air Lift Hinge reduces dome weight by 96% for easy opening and closing. With 510 square inches of cooking area, this grill has everything you need to become a barbecue master.
- The Brand is Kamado Joe.
- The Material is Stainless Steel, Ceramic.
- The Color is Blaze Red.
- The Item Dimensions LxWxH is 30 x 46.5 x 50.5 inches.
- The Item Weight is 232 Pounds.
- Get more use out of your grill with 3 tiers.
- Precise airflow management for even smoking at all temperatures.
- 96% reduction in dome weight.
- Impress your friends and family with perfectly smoked meats every time.
- Never struggle to lift the dome again – this grill is so easy to open and close, that you'll be able to do it with one hand.
- The Kamado Joe Classic III is not set up the same as other models, and there are no instructions included.
What has remained the same?
Let have a look at the comparison Kamado Joe II vs III
- This braided fiberglass gasket will last longer than a traditional felt gasket. This is because fiberglass is more resistant to heat and pressure, making it ideal for high-performance applications.
- There is an aluminum top vent that has a side shelves opening. This prevents rain from entering.
- A fire bowl that consists of six parts is less likely to break because of expansion and contraction. By having fewer pieces, the fire bowl is better able to withstand changes in temperature.
- There are two stainless steel grids that, together with the half plate setters and the holders, make up the starter kit. Although usually both parts are used in stainless steel kits, on some rare occasions only one grid is necessary.
- To quickly remove ash residues, open the ash drawer. Do this by gripping the handle and pulling it outwards. Then, using a paper towel or rag, wipe down the inside of the drawer. Repeat this process as necessary until all residue is removed.
- Included with this purchase are an ash tool, gripper, and accessory rack. With these tools, you'll be able to Dutch oven like a pro in no time!
- To ensure that the lid always closes properly, latch it shut.
- The hinges on this door are well-balanced. You can open and close them with just one finger.
What’s new with the Kamado Joe Classic III?
3-tier Divide & Conquer cooking system
When compare Kamado Joe Classic II vs III, we see that the Kamado Joe III also comes with a new 3-tier Divide & Conquer cooking system. This system allows you to cook at different temperatures inside your Kamado grill, by using the half plate setters and holders to create indirect heat zones.
Stainless steel charcoal basket
The Kamado Joe III now comes with a stainless steel charcoal basket. This basket is designed to hold more charcoal, for longer cooks. It also has a handle, so you can easily remove it from the grill when it's time to add more coals.
Slōroller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber Insert
The Kamado Joe III now comes with a Slōroller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber Insert. This is a game-changer for smoking lovers. The chamber allows the smoker to work more efficiently, by drawing in air from the bottom and up through the Slōroller, before it exits out the top. This design provides a longer, more controlled path for the smoke to travel, resulting in better flavor.
The new heavy-duty cart and elongated shape
The Kamado Joe III now comes with a heavy-duty cart. This cart is designed to be more durable and more corrosion and heat resistant than the carts found in the 2 range. The elongated shape of the Classic 3 gives them more cooking space, making them better suited for large groups.
The side shelves have also been powder-coated to increase their longevity.
Kamado Joe Classic 3 now comes with an improved warranty. The new warranty covers the amp firebox and bowl for 5 years, and the lid, grates, and carts for 3 years.
What are the standout features of the Kamado Joe 3 ?
The Kamado Joe 3 now comes with a stainless steel charcoal basket. This basket is designed to hold more charcoal, for longer cooks. It also has a handle, so you can easily remove it from the grill when it's time to add more coals.
The Kamado Joe 3 now comes with a Slōroller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber Insert. This is a game-changer for smoking lovers. The chamber allows the smoker to work more efficiently, by drawing in air from the bottom and up through the Slōroller, before it exits out the top. This design provides a longer, more controlled path for the smoke to travel, resulting in better flavor.
The Kamado Joe 3 now comes with a heavy-duty cart. This cart is designed to be more durable and more corrosion and heat resistant than the carts found in the 2 range. The elongated shape of the Classic 3 gives them more cooking space, making them better suited for large groups. The side shelves made by powder-coated to increase their longevity.
Kamado Joe 3 now comes with an improved warranty. The new warranty covers the amp firebox and bowl for 5 years, and the lid, grates, and carts for 3 years.
1. Is The Kamado Joe Classic III Worth It?
The Kamado Joe Classic III is definitely worth the investment. Not only does it offer superior cooking performance, but it's also built to last. With sturdy construction and an innovative design, this grill is sure to provide years of trouble-free use.
Plus, the Kamado Joe 3 comes with a variety of versatile cooking features that make it great for all kinds of cuisine. Whether you're a seasoned barbecue enthusiast or just starting out, the Kamado Joe 3 is sure to be a valuable addition to your backyard arsenal.
2. How Much Does A Kamado Joe Classic III Weight?
Kamado Joe Classic III weight is 232 pounds. It is made of high-quality ceramics that make it durable and sturdy. The Kamado Joe Classic III also has a heat deflector, which helps it to distribute heat evenly. This makes it perfect for slow cooking, smoking, and grilling.
3. What Does The Kamado Joe Classic III Come With?
The Kamado Joe Classic III comes with a three-tiered cooking rack, one accessory rack, two half-moon cooking grids, and two grill grippers. It also has an easy-to-read thermometer and dual dampers for heat control.
4. How Do You Lift A Big Joe 3?
There are a few things you need to consider when lifting a Big Joe 3 grill. The first is the weight of the grill. At over 300 pounds, this is one severe calorie-burning appliance! Additionally, its wide stable legs make it difficult to tip over but also mean that it takes up more space than your average grill. When planning on where to put your garage pull-up bar, consider how much room the Big Joe 3 will need.
The second thing to think about is how you will be accessing the Propane tanks. These two 18-pound empty cylinders must be filled and brought with you for the day, along with the heavy BBQ grill itself. You may want to invest in a commercial grade grill cart with wheels to make this task a little easier, as well as provide more workspace.
Finally, consider who will be using the grill. If you have small children or pets, you may want to create a makeshift fence around the area to keep them safe. The Big Joe 3 gets very hot and emits strong smells when in use, so it's important to take precautions.
5. How Long Will A Kamado Joe Last?
A Kamado Joe will last a lifetime if you take care of it.
Kamado Joes are made with high-quality materials and construction, so they're built to last. As long as you keep it clean and follow the manufacturer's instructions for use and care, your Kamado Joe should provide you with years of grilling enjoyment.
6. How Much Can You Fit On A Classic Joe?
A classic Joe can seat anywhere from 2-to 15 people, depending on the model and size. Larger Joes can accommodate more passengers, while smaller models are better suited for intimate gatherings or quick trips.
No matter how many people you're transporting, make sure to buckle up and enjoy the ride! Thanks for choosing a classic Joe as your transportation of choice.
7. Is Kamado Joe Made In the USA?
Although Kamado Joe is an American brand, its grills are made in Yixing in China. The company has been criticized for this, with some saying that they should be manufacturing their grills in the United States. However, others argue that Kamado Joe's grills are of high quality and are still made in America-just not manufactured in America.
8. How Big Is The Kamado Joe Classic 3?
The Kamado Joe Classic 3 is a large grill, measuring 18 x 18.11 x 50.5 inches. It's great for feeding a crowd, and can easily accommodate large cuts of meat or plenty of vegetables. Thanks to its size, the Kamado Joe Classic 3 is also ideal for smoking, so you can create some amazing dishes with it. If you're looking for a large grill that can do it all, the Kamado Joe Classic 3 is definitely worth considering!
9. How Heavy Is A Kamado Joe Classic?
The Kamado Joe Classic weighs 188 pounds. This weight includes the firebox, grill grates, and outer shell. It is important to note that the weight of the Kamado Joe Classic can vary depending on the specific model and accessories that are included. For example, the Kamado Joe Classic 2 weighs slightly more than the original model due to its additional features.
10. How Do You Use The Kamado Joe Classic 2?
The Kamado Joe Classic 2 is one of the most popular and versatile Kamado grills on the market. With its two-tiered design, it offers a wide range of cooking options for anyone who likes to grill. Here are some tips on how to use your Kamado Joe Classic 2:
If you want to smoke meats or vegetables, start by lighting a small fire in the firebox using all-natural lump charcoal. Once the charcoal is lit, close the lid and vents halfway and let the temperature stabilize for about 30 minutes. Then, place your food on the upper rack and Close the lid. Leave vents open halfway and check the internal temperature frequently with a meat thermometer until the food is cooked through.
11. How Do You Change A Kamado Joe Gasket?
The gasket on a Kamado Joe is a simple rubber seal that can be replaced when it becomes worn or damaged. Here's how to do it:
- Shut off the gas and unplug the grill from the power source.
- Open the lid and remove the cooking grid.
- Remove the firebox by lifting it straight up and setting it aside.
- Locate the gasket on the bottom of the firebox and remove it by gently pulling on it.
- Install the new gasket by reversing these steps, making sure that you fit it over all of the lugs on the bottom of the firebox.
12. Is Kamado Joe Easy To Use?
Kamado Joe is certainly easy to use, and many people find it to be a great addition to their backyard grilling repertoire. Some of the impressive features include an 18-inch ceramic cooking surface, a sealed firebox design that allows for even heat distribution, and a sliding chamber door that makes sure your food stays moist.
There are also Kamado Joe models with built-in temperature gauges and dampers, making it one of the more user-friendly options on the market. all around, it is a great product for anyone looking for an upgrade from their standard grill.
13. What Should I Cook First On My Kamado Joe?
If you're new to cooking with a Kamado Joe, the best way to get started is by cooking something simple. A classic grilled steak or chicken is always a good choice, as it will let you get a feel for how the Kamado Joe works. Don't be afraid to experiment, though – once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to cook just about anything on your Kamado Joe!
14. How Do You Use Kamado Joe Soapstone?
Kamado Joe soapstone is a type of stone that can be used for cooking. It is often used in Kamado grills, which are Japanese-style grills that use charcoal as the fuel source. Soapstone can help to conduct heat evenly and retain heat well, making it ideal for grilling.
It is also non-porous, so it does not absorb oils or flavors from food, making it easier to clean. To use Kamado Joe soapstone, simply place it on the grill grate over the coals and allow it to heat up before placing food on top of it. Cook as desired and then remove the soapstone and allow it to cool before cleaning.
If you are looking for a Kamado that is packed with features and innovation, then the Kamado Joe Classic 2 is the way to go. However, if you want a more traditional cooking experience, the Kamado Joe Classic 3 might be a better option. Whichever model you choose, you can be sure that you're getting a high-quality product that will last for years to come.
If you have any questions about Kamado grills, or if you would like help choosing the right one for your needs, please contact us today. We are always happy to help! Thanks for reading!
I love grilling and cooking. There’s nothing better than spending a weekend afternoon in the backyard, firing up the grill, and cooking up some delicious food for friends and family. I’m always experimenting with new recipes, and I’m pretty proud of my skills in the kitchen.
I’m also a bit of a smartass. I like to make people laugh, and I have a pretty sharp wit. So if you’re looking for someone to keep you entertained, you’ve found your man!